The Rules Sept 28, 2018 19:29:09 GMT -5
Post by Razza on Sept 28, 2018 19:29:09 GMT -5
Administrators may add/change rules at will. In case of this, they will alert other members of the forum.
For each broken rule, a member receives a warning. A warning has no immediate consequences, but it’s a good reminder to reread the rules to avoid future problems. Each member gets three warnings.
On the fourth warning, a punishment will be issued. Suspension is likely, with the member losing privileges to participate in contests, roleplay, and other site wide activities. After the first suspension, if another warning is issued to a player then they risk being banned, based on severity of the situation.
Admins also have the power to immediately ban or suspend a player under extreme circumstances.
- Each person gets one account. You will use this to manage and post for all of your characters, but it is recommended you sign up with your OOC name or alias.
- Creating more than one account to avoid bans/suspensions or to impersonate someone else is not allowed and will result in a deletion of all accounts and an IP ban.
- If you will be gone for an extended period of time, please post in the EFA boards to alert staff. If you disappear without explanation for 3 months or more, your accounts will be moved to the inactive rank and you will no longer be counted in the site's census. Exceptions are made for those with valid reasons for absence such as real-life emergencies or situations.
- Each person is allowed 10 character slots free of charge. If you wish to have more than 10 characters, you must purchase additional slots in the Official NB Shop.
- No begging/pestering/harassing other members for free art, points donations, personal information, etc.
- The most important rules are to use common sense and be kind. If you follow these, you're off to a good start.
- No double posting. The exception to this rule are appropriate off topic threads (such as your own art thread, shop, or discussions that have been inactive for a long while) and your own character biographies and development boards. Edit your post if you wish to add something otherwise.
- Harsh language/swearing/cursing is allowed so long as it is not used in a way meant to harm or offend another member or start drama.
- No racism, homophobia, xenophobia, ableism, etc. will be tolerated on my site thanks.
- No links/videos/images/etc. to inappropriate content posted on the site or in the chat box.
- Each post should consist of at least two words as to not be considered spam. The exception is in appropriate games and off topic conversations.
- If you see someone harassing another member or breaking the rules, report it to an Administrator or Moderator immediately. Do not try to take care of a problem without Admin/Mod permission, or you may receive punishment as well for backseat moderating.
- Begging for a higher rank or special privileges is prohibited and decreases your chances of getting the position. When there is an opportunity for promotion, you will be informed.
- Semi-realism is a must. Wolves in northbound can speak and have advanced social groups and emotions, but still act and hunt and move like wolves. If you are confused about what would be considered too unrealistic, ask.
- No unrealistic colorings or growths (wing, horns) for your character. Odd markings and unusual eye colors are fine, but use your best judgement.
- Please try to avoid creating Mary/Gary Sue characters. These are characters that are indestructible, and/or have no weaknesses, fears, or flaws. They are bland af.
- Powerplay is never okay. Your wolf cannot take down an adult moose on it's own, and they will not win every fight. Collaboration with other members is important to determine what hits and what misses during a squabble, to ensure the outcome is liked by all.
- Godmodding (taking control of another person's character without their explicit permission) and Metagaming (using your OOC knowledge to benefit/inform your characters of information they otherwise wouldn't know yet) are also prohibited. Play fair, kids.
- Characters die and age and leave. If you get sick of a character or cannot keep up activity-wise do not shy away from getting rid of it! Just remember to post in our moderation thread that you are dropping them and want them taken off the member directory.
- Keep roleplay appropriate. Sexual scenes or scenes with heavy gore or violence should either fade to black or be taken elsewhere, and then picked back up in the thread after the fact. Mentions of these topics, however, are allowed, as long as it's not too graphic.
- When participating in a thread, please allow everyone to have a chance to respond. Posting rapidly is fine as long as everyone is going the same speed as you, but otherwise wait and the other participants respond to your actions!
- If someone has not responded to your roleplay post and is holding up a thread, after 3 days you have the right to skip them and keep things moving.
- Please try to write a minimum of 3 sentences for each roleplay post. Exceptions can be made in certain circumstances, but strive for some detail in your posts!
- Your group/rank on the forum and the group/rank of your characters have no correlation.
- If your roleplay post contains mentions of potentially triggering content, such as self-harm, suicide, rape, etc., please post a trigger warning at the top of your post.
- Threads from two in-game seasons previous will be considered expired on the current seasons rollover if they have not been posted in for 1 month. If a thread of yours gets auto-archived, you may request to have it unarchived so you and the participants can post in again, but be sure you actually intend to finish the thread. It will automatically be locked and archived again if another month goes by without posts, and you may not be permitted to have it unlocked a second time.
- Do not spam or flood the shout box by sending messages that are large or in quick succession.
- Role playing as your characters in the shout box is not allowed.
- Arguments should be taken care of in private PMs, not in the open for all to see. Contact a staff member if you need mediation.
- The chat box is not the place to voice your complaints or rude opinions about other members.
- All other forum rules apply to the shout box as well (aside from the two-words-per-post rule and double posting, because that'd be dumb).